Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Some Ews and Aws

It has been a hectic week, thus my plan to share my personal potato salad instructions has been dashed until another week. However, here is a variety of randomness that has touched me, one way or another this week. 

James 1:22 by DesignByAnyOtherName on etsy


First, we were fortunate to savor the incredible wonder of God's creation more than once with the supermoon making it's appearance. Friday night we were coming home from a movie and the sun was setting as the moon was rising and the sky was painted with wispy clouds colored by the wild fires in B.C. and eastern Washington. Saturday night we took a walk specifically to see the moon rise and enjoyed it with fellow neighbors. Did you get to see it?

Supermoon playing peekaboo with Mount Rainier

This sweet vining black eyed Susan slipped through my fence from next door. What a lovely gift!

Thank you next door neighbors


Also in my garden I ate my first cherry tomato. It was tasty. The extra hot weather we are experiencing along with the Tagro has my tomatoes looking better than ever. Now, if I only could convince the birds that their birdseed and, really, anything else, would taste better than my ripe tomatoes I would have a bumper crop! Any suggestions? The fake owl, the real cat, net covering and shiny metal has not worked. Wish me luck!


I have more tomatoes, further along than I have ever had here


Last, and just for a smile, here's the latest from "Weird Al". I'm the first to admit, my grammar is not perfect. My brother is a grammar Nazi and my mother was an English and typing teacher. I remember her making me type my papers over and over again and again for school. Kids today don't know how good they have it!





In all the busyness of the week today's devotional was a great reminder for me. James 1:22 says, Don't just Listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
Linda <><

9 comments:

  1. Again...thanks for sharing all this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the view of the supermoon with Mount Rainier is breath-taking. Thank you for sharing. NellywithWings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our photos of it don't do it justice. I loved seeing pictures of it around the world!

      Delete
  3. That is a great scripture -- and that video was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the silver key ring and the scripture included on it! That would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too. I'm looking for the perfect key ring for my daughter who (or is it whom) is learning to drive.

      Delete
  5. I have to admit, I'm guilty of "word crimes"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has actually sent my emails back corrected in red:-)

      Delete