Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I'm In



I admit it, I'm a football fan! Born in Lincoln, Nebraska and graduated for the University of Nebraska my blood runs Husker red. But after 15 years in the Pacific Northwest the Seahawks also have my heart. I can't begin to tell you how much fun the last few weeks have been here, especially Sunday!


Hubby & me snowshoeing Saturday
(Mount Olympus in the background)

This Seahawk team is a neat bunch of young men, each with their own story. They came together to create such a cohesive team that a relatively unknown teammate was the MVP of the super bowl. Most were late draft choices or even passed over. Russell Wilson was told he was too small,  Derrick Coleman told you can't play deaf. They were too loud, too quiet, too young. But Russell Wilson's dad gave him a bit of advice he passed on the this team, "Why not you?"





Great advice for each and every one of us. I've let self doubt and fear hold me back far to often. With my Heavenly Father behind me, beside me and before me, I don't have any excuses! Why can't we be as joyous about our own faith walk and cheer each other on in our wins and losses like those crazy Seahawk fans do?





Football fan or not, there is something to learn from these young men. Several members of the team are open about their personal faith. I can't help but consider this verse, "If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance and relief for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die. Who knows if perhaps you were made queen for just such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14). I'm also currently reading Exodus. Moses was a reluctant leader, but with God....

Are you in?

Linda <><









11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Linda! I love it!!!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's so special that you enjoy it! I personally have never bothered with football, but did notice this year that so much emphasis was on the superbowl. I suppose it always is, but I never really noticed as much before. Perhaps that is because it was held in NJ, and I live in NY... lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I feel like it's a waste of time to sit around and watch. Luckily I can always crochet and watch. Helps keep the blood pressure down, too.

      Delete
  3. I saw that interview with the Seahawks and I was so impressed. How fun to be right there with all the excitement. Great post and reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good for the kids to see that this group, considered by many as the worst draft picks, proving they can be the best!

      Delete
  4. This is an awesome post - putting the you tube video on my face book page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was discussing the games with someone. They told me this was truly a David and Goliath story. I have heard some of their personal stories. What a great opportunity to be a witness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see how their story continues to unfold!

      Delete